Old 07-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Bevan Price

Default Echinops (Globe Thistle)

"Mark B" wrote in message

"Bevan Price" wrote in message

"Mark B" wrote in message
I have some seed head globes.
I would like some advice on when,where, how etc., with regards to
propagating them.

Thank you

mark b

In my garden (fairly dry sandy soil) they self-propagate freely from

seeds
dropped by the previous year's plants. Try leaving the seeds in the

garden
where you want them to grow, possibly covering them with a light

sprinkling
of soil to stop birds eating them all.

Bevan

Bevan
Thanks for replying. One more thing, do the seeds look like just a husk

with
no clearly defined seed?

mark b

I assume so - if you mean the spike-shaped objects that drop off the flower
head, after the small blue flowers have faded - although I have never
dissected a "husk" to check if there was a small seed inside the "husk".

Bevan