Old 07-09-2003, 10:44 PM
pwr

Default FREE: 5 yards clean soil

Frogleg wrote:

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:24:05 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

"... I'm doing some landscaping work and have
roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody needs it; loose pile. The
only problem is I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up and/or have it
hauled away.

Do you live in any particualr part of the world? ......."

Where's the problem?

Having that much "top soil" precludes his living in city/town centre,
The use of the term Soil probably indicates British or European background,
So you are just looking froe an ex pat Brit living in the country.......
Now doesn't that make it easier to find him?

Not definitive. "Top soil" (or topsoil) is a common term in the US. It
is often applied to anything that isn't sand or solid clay when
flogged commercially. The use of "dirt/soil" indicates this may be
*good* dirt with some organic component, not just landfill.

5 cubic yards isn't *that* much for a USAsian suburban yard/garden,
and in fact, wouldn't be much of a problem or prize in the country, so
I'm guessing suburban, but not Major Metropolitan Area.

Wait a minute Frogleg,

lets not assume he meant 5 "cubic" yards.. he only said he had "roughly
5 yards" of the stuff, for all we know he meant 5 "lineal" yards...!!

;-)

As an earlier poster wrote, all we have to do is check world satellite
photos for a new pile of dirt in a (probably) English-speaking
suburban location.