Old 06-09-2003, 02:49 AM
CPB

Default FREE: 5 yards clean soil

Hello everyone,

First time posting here.
Not certain if this is the correct forum.
I'm doing some landscaping work and have
roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody
needs it; loose pile. The only problem is
I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up
and/or have it hauled away.

thanks,

CPB
Old 06-09-2003, 04:32 AM
Laura Gilbert

Default 5 yards clean soil

Ya wanna tell us where it is, or do we scan the globe to find a pile of nice
clean dirt?

Laura in Virginia
om...

Old 06-09-2003, 12:32 PM
David Hill

"... I'm doing some landscaping work and have
roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody needs it; loose pile. The
only problem is I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up and/or have it
hauled away.

thanks,

Do you live in any particualr part of the world? ......."

Where's the problem?

Having that much "top soil" precludes his living in city/town centre,
The use of the term Soil probably indicates British or European background,
So you are just looking froe an ex pat Brit living in the country.......
Now doesn't that make it easier to find him?
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 06-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Phrederik

"CPB" wrote in message
om...
Hello everyone,

First time posting here.
Not certain if this is the correct forum.
I'm doing some landscaping work and have
roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody
needs it; loose pile. The only problem is
I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up
and/or have it hauled away.

adsl-68-122-118-25.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net - Where Chris posted from.

It LOOKS like Chris is posting from California... Probably the Pleasonton or
vicinity.

Old 06-09-2003, 06:02 PM
BLueCoBra

"Phrederik" wrote in message

"CPB" wrote in message
om...
Hello everyone,

First time posting here.
Not certain if this is the correct forum.
I'm doing some landscaping work and have
roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody
needs it; loose pile. The only problem is
I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up
and/or have it hauled away.

adsl-68-122-118-25.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net - Where Chris posted from.

It LOOKS like Chris is posting from California... Probably the Pleasonton

or
vicinity.

Now all we need is his Latitude and Longitude and we can GPS ourselves over
there Pronto!

Old 07-09-2003, 03:02 AM
Pen

Interesting oxymoron: 'clean dirt'.

Old 07-09-2003, 08:22 AM
pwr

CPB wrote:

Hello everyone,

First time posting here.
Not certain if this is the correct forum.
I'm doing some landscaping work and have
roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody
needs it; loose pile. The only problem is
I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up
and/or have it hauled away.

thanks,

CPB

Since I don't have a truck nor do I know where to drive to lets make
this easy and say, could you e-mail me the dirt as an attachment...?

paul

:-)

Old 07-09-2003, 11:22 AM
Frogleg

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 12:24:05 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

"... I'm doing some landscaping work and have
roughly 5 yards of clean dirt/soil if anybody needs it; loose pile. The
only problem is I can't deliver it. You have to pick it up and/or have it
hauled away.

Do you live in any particualr part of the world? ......."

Where's the problem?

Having that much "top soil" precludes his living in city/town centre,
The use of the term Soil probably indicates British or European background,
So you are just looking froe an ex pat Brit living in the country.......
Now doesn't that make it easier to find him?

Not definitive. "Top soil" (or topsoil) is a common term in the US. It
is often applied to anything that isn't sand or solid clay when
flogged commercially. The use of "dirt/soil" indicates this may be
*good* dirt with some organic component, not just landfill.

5 cubic yards isn't *that* much for a USAsian suburban yard/garden,
and in fact, wouldn't be much of a problem or prize in the country, so
I'm guessing suburban, but not Major Metropolitan Area.

As an earlier poster wrote, all we have to do is check world satellite
photos for a new pile of dirt in a (probably) English-speaking
suburban location.
Old 07-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Roy

Well it could be anything, as you should see what they pass off as
topsoil to folks in Alabama. It oculd be anything from prairie soil to
blue marle clay to sand to clay gravel to mushroom soil that some
places import from the northern states. I have seen places use a front
end loader to just mix up whatever they can collect together be it
stuff vaccummed up from parking lots to recycled ground up ashpalt
roadways mixed with cow manure, and sawdust.

On 6 Sep 2003 18:47:23 -0700, (Pen) wrote:

x-Interesting oxymoron: 'clean dirt'.
x-
x-
x-"Laura Gilbert" wrote in message news:tuc6b.46377$xf.24599@lakeread06...
x- Ya wanna tell us where it is, or do we scan the globe to find a pile of nice
x- clean dirt?
x-

--
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
Old 07-09-2003, 10:44 PM
pwr

wrote:

[...]

Wait a minute Frogleg,

lets not assume he meant 5 "cubic" yards.. he only said he had "roughly
5 yards" of the stuff, for all we know he meant 5 "lineal" yards...!!

;-)

Old 08-09-2003, 03:02 AM
TOM KAN PA

Like jammer said, where is it?

Old 08-09-2003, 06:42 AM
J. Lane

Better make sure you have your monitor sticking out a window before you open
that attatchment. Hauling all that dirt out of your house could be a real
chore, never mind the clean-up.
--
Jayel