Old 08-09-2003, 03:04 AM
Grandpa

Default Horn-like thing on tomatoes

Repeating Decimal wrote:

in article , Noydb at
wrote on 9/7/03 12:55 PM:

My concern is with the Black Prince tomatoes. A few of the fruit have
a horn-shaped projection sticking out of them. They literally look
like they sprouted a horn from the skin of the tomato. Does anyone
know what this is?

I have had growths on tomatoes that that look more phallic than horny. I
don't know if that is what you mean. One year, I had many of them.

I also one purchased a fuyu that looked very pregnant and had giant breasts.
If anyone is interested, I believe that I can find a photo in my archives.

I got some really strange growths one year, like giant warts on my
maters. Looks like it was from using a fertilizer I inadvertantly used
on them, a weed-n-feed type of stuff. They looked like they came from
an episode of Star Trek. Gross as hell looking!