Old 08-09-2003, 09:23 AM
Oz

Default Will pine investment be a bad risk now? (Was: New problems with GM corn?)

Oz writes
Dean Ronn ?@?.? writes

Is there not a registration for Dupont's "Muster" in your part of

the
world. If not, I'm quite surprised??!!

Maybe, but its not in the dupont product list I have here.

Telling me the active would be more help.

The active is ethametsulfuron-methyl. Here's a link where it is used in
conjunction with a grassy spray.

Yup, it does seem to exist in the UK, I will follow it up.

Whether hedge mustard and ******* cabbage are susceptible doesn't seem
to be known, it's not on the label. However I will enquire on monday.

Muster is NOT approved in the UK.

Apparently the pesticide safety directorate will NOT approve sulphonyl
ureas for break crops (ie non-cereal crops) for fear of introducing
resistance.

Of course they might relent when a significant amount of UK land is
unable to grow canola, by which time it will be too late.

What timing is used for muster, noting that in the UK we grow
predominantly autumn sown canola.

I would be very grateful if you could check if sisymbrium offinale and
rapistrum rugosum are susceptible, because I have my doubts.

What are the original parents of canola?
I think torsten may know.

Many thanks.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.