Old 08-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Is Aqua UV a good brand of clarifier?

A UV clarifier isn't much. Literally it's a UV light bulb and a PVC shell.
The UV light bulb is usually made by Phillips. Some like the double helix
wrap pipe around the bulb so you have more contact time. SOme have quartz
sleeves that you have to clean out every so often. So there's not much
difference between UV clarifiers so look for one that meets your plumbing
needs.

Sam

"Mickey" wrote in message
I am looking at an Aqua UV clarifier because it has a 2" inlet and outlet.

have a low pressure high volume pump running about 1800 GPH capable of

4300
with no head. I am working on reducing all restriction do to pipe size.

This
is the only company I can find that offers an inlet and outlet of 1.5" or
bigger in a pipe fitting. The rest are all made for a hose fitting. If a
hose fitting is used I would want two units with a 1.5" fitting to fit my
two supply lines.