Old 06-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Mickey

Default Is Aqua UV a good brand of clarifier?

I am looking at an Aqua UV clarifier because it has a 2" inlet and outlet. I
have a low pressure high volume pump running about 1800 GPH capable of 4300
with no head. I am working on reducing all restriction do to pipe size. This
is the only company I can find that offers an inlet and outlet of 1.5" or
bigger in a pipe fitting. The rest are all made for a hose fitting. If a
hose fitting is used I would want two units with a 1.5" fitting to fit my
two supply lines.

Old 06-09-2003, 03:42 PM

I dont run my UV off my pump at all. I have a small pump that move the water past
the UV at nice slow rate. Ingrid

"Mickey" wrote:

I am looking at an Aqua UV clarifier because it has a 2" inlet and outlet. I
have a low pressure high volume pump running about 1800 GPH capable of 4300
with no head. I am working on reducing all restriction do to pipe size. This
is the only company I can find that offers an inlet and outlet of 1.5" or
bigger in a pipe fitting. The rest are all made for a hose fitting. If a
hose fitting is used I would want two units with a 1.5" fitting to fit my
two supply lines.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Steve J. Noll

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 08:22:33 -0500, "Mickey" wrote:

I am looking at an Aqua UV clarifier because it has a 2" inlet and outlet. I
have a low pressure high volume pump running about 1800 GPH capable of 4300
with no head. I am working on reducing all restriction do to pipe size. This
is the only company I can find that offers an inlet and outlet of 1.5" or
bigger in a pipe fitting. The rest are all made for a hose fitting. If a
hose fitting is used I would want two units with a 1.5" fitting to fit my
two supply lines.

I think they're the best.
I'm running an 80W (2-lamp) Aqua UV with 2" I/O.
All pond water goes thru it via a 4400 GPH (@ 10' head) Performance
Pro pump. No sharp elbows, no check valves or other lossy devices.
Has worked flawlessly for one year now.

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California (zone 10)

Old 06-09-2003, 07:02 PM
joe

Oooooooh. What a good idea.

Joe

Old 07-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Mickey

I am keeping my system simple and efficient. I have one pump that is doing
good so far. I could connect the UV to one output side and it would only see
about 900 GPH I still want the larger diameter 2" piping to reduce flow
restrictions.

"Mickey" wrote:

I am looking at an Aqua UV clarifier because it has a 2" inlet and

outlet. I
have a low pressure high volume pump running about 1800 GPH capable of

4300
with no head. I am working on reducing all restriction do to pipe size.

This
is the only company I can find that offers an inlet and outlet of 1.5" or
bigger in a pipe fitting. The rest are all made for a hose fitting. If a
hose fitting is used I would want two units with a 1.5" fitting to fit my
two supply lines.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 08-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Barry

Is this secondary pump running non-stop?
I thought of running UV off the waterfall pump, but it's only about 10 hours
a day.

"Mickey" wrote:

I am looking at an Aqua UV clarifier because it has a 2" inlet and

outlet. I
have a low pressure high volume pump running about 1800 GPH capable of

4300
with no head. I am working on reducing all restriction do to pipe size.

This
is the only company I can find that offers an inlet and outlet of 1.5" or
bigger in a pipe fitting. The rest are all made for a hose fitting. If a
hose fitting is used I would want two units with a 1.5" fitting to fit my
two supply lines.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 08-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Sam Hopkins

A UV clarifier isn't much. Literally it's a UV light bulb and a PVC shell.
The UV light bulb is usually made by Phillips. Some like the double helix
wrap pipe around the bulb so you have more contact time. SOme have quartz
sleeves that you have to clean out every so often. So there's not much
difference between UV clarifiers so look for one that meets your plumbing
needs.

Sam