Old 08-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Vox Humana

Default Where to buy crape myrtle?

"Mick" wrote in message
Hello,

Does anyone know where I mail order crape myrtles? I'm specifically
looking for the Apalachee or Sioux variety. I'm open to growing from
seed too. None of the nurseries around me carry these varieties.

I was interested in getting some crape myrtle for my zone 6 garden (SW OHIO)
and contacted this nursery:
http://www.crapemyrtle.com/

I didn't buy any so I can't make any comment about this source. They sent
me a nice package of information and claimed that they had CM growing in
Pittsburgh which is probably zone 5/6. There are several people in my
immediate area that have a variety of CM that is red. The specimens seem to
be multi-trunk small trees or large shrubs that get to be around 12-15 ft
tall. They seem to be too big to have died back to the ground each year.