Old 08-09-2003, 04:32 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Squash regrowth

In article ,
(Jack1000) wrote:

I posted earlier about getting only one banana squash from my
hydroponicly growing plant. It was delicious.

I posted earlier about zuccini stem borers attacking my plants. I was
getting a great yeild of about 2 large fruits a week from each plant.
I was swimming in zuccini! After the infestation problem was solved,
about 5 of my 20 plants survived the bugs and they have regrown to
fruiting size. I am now have alot more room in my garden and I'm
picking zuccinis again! Yay!!!

Jack in Brooklyn NY

We also had an infestation of the borers (eeew gross and disgusting).
My DH cut them out of the stems (there were a LOT of them--- huge too)
and then did the burying trick. We did not lose one of our three
plants (Ravens) and they are continuing to produce nicely. Oh, he also
treated them once with something (not Sevin).