Old 08-09-2003, 07:42 PM
hawk

Default Tomatoes

OK, I have the same problem. Lots of blossoms but they just dry up and
fall off. I tried some spray on stuff that is supposed to cure that
problem with no success. My near by mint bush and rose bush have lots of
bees, so I don't think pollination is the problem. In past years three
tomato bushes produced more tomatoes than we could eat. Sacks full given
away, etc. This year one bush has produced a few tomatoes and one bush has
produced exactly ONE tomato. (I only planted two bushes this year because
of the huge production in past years.) My area is a desert so I have
complete control over water and I haven't changed my watering schedule. I
have never had this problem before, same garden location, same amount of
sun, same temperatures, same fertilizer, etc.

I wonder if the variety could be the problem. Better Boy, both plants. I
meant to get two different varieties as is my usual practice but somehow
ended up with two Better Boy, which I haven't tried before.

Any help would be appreciated. This year is a loss, but I hope for better
success next year.

Regards, hawk

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 21:17:18 -0700, Aria wrote:

Yes, Steve....Tons of flowers...........high temps most of the time.
These
tomatoes said that they do best in humidity. We had very dry temps at
first,
but then lots and lots of humidity. Very pretty flowers though....We also
grew watermelon that never grew fruit. It also had lots of flowers.

"Steve" wrote in message
t...
Hmmmm, I didn't think of that. I've never had that happen but in looking
again, I see Kathy is in Tucson. That is a very long way from the
Adirondacks where I live.
Kathy, were you getting lots of flowers that fell off without producing
a tomato?

Steve

FDR wrote:

Sounds like a pollination problem.

"Aria" wrote in message

It's very strange, I have a beautiful tomatoe plant. It's green and

lush.
Grows wonderfully. The only problem is it has only grown one not so

good
tomatoe. What am I doing wrong????
-- Kathy Olson
http://www.desertdogs.biz