Old 08-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Boystrup Pb, ann,...

Default 3 weeks Expedition to Ecuador in 2005

How about you came along.
I'm looking for two or three people for this trip. It's not going to be
luxurious, just improvising and traveling around. Looking at tourist
atractions whenever we see them and especially looking for orchids. If
possible take a few home with us.
Just having fun and perhaps getting to know a few orchid hobbyists.

To the rest of you thanks for the responses.
Cheers
Peter

"Wendy" schreef in bericht
Peter, you are so lucky to be able to do this. Be sure to take lots of
pictures for us please! *G*
Cheers Wendy

"Boystrup Pb, ann,..." wrote in message
.be...
Ok,
I'm planning a trip to Ecuador in 2005. End of augaut beginning of
september.
What I would like to know are some basic tips. It's going to become a

real
orchid hunt, just to see what I can find. My Aunt works at the Belgium
embassy and should be able to arange the needed paperwork.
I was thinking about one week at an altitude of 2900. Being Quito. My

aunt
lives there and outside the city I saw a lot of orchids when I went in

1992.
Later a week at the coast there's a lot of forest there and a different
climat an last but not least one week in the jungle. There a belgian

monk
living at a small mission just outside the jungle and he's a good friend

of
my aunt.
My budget is going to be 2500Euro(=dollar) and I'm hoping to find one

or
two experienced travelers to come along. Splitting the costs and helping
eachother in case of trouble. Also hoping that a niece or cousin can

help
with the language.
That's the basic Idea.

So what do you think and any tips what I should remember or think off.
Cheers
Peter