Old 09-09-2003, 04:03 AM
Babberney

Default Sarsasparilla Tree Question

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 11:40:14 GMT, "Shell91"
wrote:

We have a huge Chinese Tallow Tree in the back yard. Got to be about 150
feet tall. Leaves tons of tree trash, leaves and twigs and such all over
the yard, and has huge roots that we had to have removed from the yard.
Some of the roots were at least 2 feet in diameter.

If you cut roots that big, don't put anything valuable within 150' of
that tree--it's likely to fall over at any time (depending on how
close to the trunk the cuts were made). If it doesn't fall, it's
still likely to decline rapidly starting at some point in the nest 1
to 10 years.

Fast growing is a good thing

fast growing=dying young=weak and brittle wood, as a general rule.

Keith
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com/