Old 09-09-2003, 07:12 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Raised Bed (Small) What To Use?

writes:

Now, Glenna.
OF COURSE the bounty has EVERYTHING to do with the materials!

Seriously. Good to hear that the product was suitable and thanks for the
kind words.

Thank you for the hearty chuckle, John. Only us gardeners know the
truth.g

I'm amazed at those people I know who consider how their garden looks as
more important than what goes into it . . . and then wonder why my garden
yields better. I tell them that horse manure base makes a difference but
they "would never consider putting *that stuff*" in their gardens.

Oh well, their loss.

You are welcome. The beds look nice in their yards also which is
important because his mother-in-law is one of the "pretty yard" people,
regardless of what it costs ecologically. The latest thing from her has
been my 4-year-old granddaughter who just tracked in dirt from the garden
telling me, "You have dirt on your floor, G.G. Grandma name omitted
doesn't ever have dirt on her floor." (I can only imagine where that came
from!) I just smiled and said, "This is garden dirt, and garden dirt is
good dirt because it grows such good food." She looked at me thoughtfully
and said, "Yeah, you're right, G.G. We need garden dirt" and happily
started washing her hands with which she had just dug carrots and
potatoes. :-)

Glenna