Old 10-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Trident maple cracked/broken branches

If it was my tree Ben, I would leave them off and start over.... Even
if the branches took, they will never be as strong as new branches...
at least in my humble opinion.

Carl L. Rosner

Ben Griffin wrote:

That was my other idea. Take off the broken branches
and trim the tree back hard. Which would give me a
new flush of growth and hopefully some new buds near
the wounds i can train into replacement branches. At
the rate trident gorws i should be able to have
branches as nice or nicer then the ones that were
there in 2 years. Only possible problem is winter
dieback.

Ben

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++