Old 11-09-2003, 03:12 PM
LeeAnne

Default Need ID by sound in Mass..

Hi Jim,
Thank you for helping me try and ID this critter.

I can hear the one in the recording having the three syllable "katy-did"
sound - but the one in the trees here is definitely a two-syllable call, but
it has that same raspy, squeak, sort of quality vs. the trill of a cricket
or other grasshoppers

Argh - so frustrating! :-)
LeeAnne

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message
If that one was close, I'd look further as it was the best that I
found after listening to 15-20 on that site, but it wasn't quite
'right' to my ears. You can definitely hear her/him saying
'Katy-did' once you put the sound to the insect.

This one is better, but still not quite . . .
http://www.junglewalk.com/popup.asp?...alAudioID=8189

Maybe my upstate NY Katydids have a different accent than these
folks'.g

Jim