Old 11-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Low, LOW light options

t wrote:
mortgage out to finance my hobby? So, I'm putting in more generic lighting
and will get about 1 to 1.5 watts per gallon.

Use CF and aim for that. You'll be fine.

live plants in an aquarium provide. What species of plants could live in
such a low-light environment? Here are a few of the species that I THINK
might work. Can I get your input?

I have a 110 gallon tank with 1 W/gallon of CF light. I have grown several
so-called medium-high light plants, including swords, cabomba, sunset hygro,
crypts, aponogetons, etc.
My suggestion would be to get a package from one of the websites folks here
have had good luck with (see google for the urls), and see what lives and
what dies. That's what I did and the tank is gorgeous!

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv