Old 11-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Tom J

Default converting grassy slope to garden for next year?

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
My landlords have offered for me to use a 5x12 square of lawn at th
eedge of my patio for next year's gardening. This year was a definite
success.

I'm tempted to try a square of corn.

Tomatoes, beans, squash & cucumbers would be a better choice. You really need
more space for corn. You would get 10 to 15 ears at most, and at 20 cent an
ear at the grocery, that doesn't may CENTS!! I'd eliminate the chipmunks in
that area one way or the other. One way is rat poison down that hole deep
enough that cats and dogs don't get to it.

Good luck on the garden

Tom J