Old 12-09-2003, 06:32 AM
JNJ

Default Garlic & Mosquitoes.

There's a product out there called "Mosquito Barrier"
(http://www.mosquitobarrier.com) that purports to effectively stink skeeters
out of your yard. This is done by using a garlic extract -- the "fragrance"
goes away quickly for us big noses, but for the skeeters hyper-sniffers it
lingers. They claim it can even be used in a fogger, with oils or soap, and
so forth -- sounds too good to be true.

I've heard of similar solutions (i.e., those using garlic extracts) but I
can't say as I've ever met someone who has used them. Naturally, there are
all sorts of testimonials but if this stuff is so great then why are
resmethrin, pyrmethrin, and other pesticides being used instead? Makes one
wonder....

Someone mentioned this on another group I'm in and I remembered I wanted to
learn more about it a while back, so I thought I'd post over here. Has
anyone actually USED this product or one of the similar products? If so,
how effective was it and how long did the effects last?

James