Old 12-09-2003, 11:42 AM
Frogleg

Default rotating plants--do you?

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:58:57 GMT, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

I've read a lot about rotaing crops/plants and for me it isn't
terribly practical. Tomatoes & peppers cover most of my area so
rotating really can't be done. I only have one large size container
without peppers(7 plants) or tomatoes(3 plants) so unless I grow my
garden considerably rotation really isn't possible. (I've kept it
small and maintainable) And next year I'm looking to add more hot
peppers and a cherry tomato.

Rotation is mainly used to reduce disease transmission. If your plants
are OK this year, there's not much reason to have to rotate for the
next. Home gardeners grow the same things in the same places for
years. If you *do* have a disease problem, it would be wise to not
plant the same thing in the same place.