Old 12-09-2003, 04:32 PM
LeeAnne

Default Need ID by sound in Mass..

It occurred to me yesterday afternoon while I was mowing my lawn that it
resembles the sound a Tufted Titmouse makes when it's kind of ****ed off.

I don't know if that helps.
LeeAnne

If that one was close, I'd look further as it was the best that I
found after listening to 15-20 on that site, but it wasn't quite
'right' to my ears. You can definitely hear her/him saying
'Katy-did' once you put the sound to the insect.

This one is better, but still not quite . . .
http://www.junglewalk.com/popup.asp?...alAudioID=8189

Maybe my upstate NY Katydids have a different accent than these
folks'.g

Jim

LeeAnne
"Jim Elbrecht" wrote in message

Once you get an idea, if it isn't on the other insectsounds page
someone posted, try
http://www.findsounds.com/ISAPI/search.dll

I was thinking Katydid & found a fairly good rendition through that
site;
http://csssrvr.entnem.ufl.edu/~walke...ok/w141_24.wav

Jim