Old 12-09-2003, 07:32 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default converting grassy slope to garden for next year?

"Tom J" wrote:

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
.. .

Despite the chipmunks, a black cat, six squirrels living in front of
the house and small birds everyone I suffered no "wildlife" damage.
I'm going to plant a few bulbs this fall--so that may change.

Six Squirrels??

Well a family of six lives in the front tree. There are more out back
that run along the telephone lines each day across all the backyards.
Next year there will be more and they know the day corn is
ready to be shucked, so another reason not to try corn!! BTW, a couple of
watermelon vines would cover the whole area, so that's something else better
bought at the market.

I would only grow one or two, and it would be one of the smaller round
ones. I was thinking it could take over the grassy area near the rock
wall and spread lengthwise along the wall. I grew baby bear pumpkins
in a 12" wide container this year (harvested three, i killed the plant
in a baking soda accident).
Tom J

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener