Old 12-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Babberney

Default Pruning Trees

On 10 Sep 2003 12:07:24 GMT, (Allview) wrote:

Thanks for giving me a question for the guys who are going to cut my trees. I
chose a company with a certified arborist, hoping they would know what they are
doing. What I need is to have branches cut that are overhanging the roof.
They are making a mess in the gutters. Maples. I get the estimate on Friday.

Marilyn in Ohio

Even if you shear the branches off so no branches overhang the roof (a
bad idea in many cases, depending on how much tree that represents)
you probably will not have any luck keeping the gutters completely
clean (wind will be a factor). Why not save the (likely several
hundred) dollars and pay someone to clean the gutters periodically?
You can also get screens of various types to cover the gutters. They
can do a pretty good job of keeping the debris out, though you will
probably need to maintain them occasionally.

Remember that a healthy, attractive tree can add significantly to your
quality of life and your property value (and decrease cooling costs in
summer), while an ugly or maltreated tree can create more problems and
detract from property values.

just a suggestion,

Keith
For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit
http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com/