Old 13-09-2003, 12:02 AM
David J Bockman

Default Abundant acorns

Acorn production is cyclical, with some years being quite heavy, some
moderate, and some scant. Stress can also affect production as well, so if
you had a period of drought one or two years ago, the effects could be
showing now through the heavy acorn set.

Dave

"R.J. Rabenberg" wrote in message
I'm not sure this is even the right place, but many gardeners subscribe
to information found in The Old Farmers Almanac and the like. I live in
SE South Dakota and have a 75+ year burr oak in my yard. This year I
have so many acorns that ther ground is literally covered with them.
Does anyone know if this may be a sign of an impending hard long winter?
TIA,
RJ