Old 13-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Frogleg

Default Garlic & Mosquitoes.

JNJ wrote:

There's a product out there called "Mosquito Barrier"
(http://www.mosquitobarrier.com) that purports to effectively stink skeeters
out of your yard. This is done by using a garlic extract

Why is garlic so often ascribed magical properties? We all know it
repels vampires, of course. Maybe, as an edible substance, its powers
are a version of "if it makes your life more difficult, it must be
good for you." It seems to me that any medicinal benefits could only
be achieved by eating a vast quantity every day. I have it on
anecdotal authority that "odorless" garlic supplements *do* produce a
great deal of offensive odor. *People* find garlic breath or
perspiration offensive, but why should we think animals or insects are
similarly affected? We also find garlic enticing and include it, both
raw and cooked, in many recipes.