Old 13-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Moontanman

Default Caring for clams found in the Columbia river(Portland, Or)

clams from your area are unlikely to survive room temperature on the good side
clams often take months or even years to die. but the warm water might do them
in more quckly. Clams need we areated water and detritus to eat (detritus is
the fine organic mud found in rivers and ponds. they also eat green water type
algae but not as much as people think. there are warm water tropical clams,
even small ones that will do well in an unfiltered aquarium with fish (fish
supply the detritus) I have small thumb sized clams ( a small species not
native to north America but brought over by ballast water in ships) they even
reproduce in my aquariums but they need a lot of detritus so the aquarium is
easily muddied by fish movements.

Moon
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me