Old 13-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Frogleg

Default Moth Insecticide

(Thalocean2) wrote in
:

I have crain and possibly clothe moths in my Apartment.

For grain (and chile!) moths, seal flour and grain products in sturdy
glass, plastic, or metal containers. A lot of foods come with moth
eggs/larvae/whatever included, so an occasional container may grow
critters, but they won't spread so badly. They *can* get through
baggies and cellophane. The surest deterrent is to store everything in
'fridge or freezer, which is seldom practical.

I keep moth-desirable clothing and other wool stuff (off-season) in a
cedar chest with some additional cedar paneling strips. Google for
"clothes moths" for prevention/control measures. There are some new
products and sprays for clothing that may be of interest.

Spraying an insecticide for moths is pretty much an exercise in
futility, and as you posted, probably not healthy for pets and humans.