Old 13-09-2003, 04:22 PM
Mark. Gooley

Default Rises abd Deer!!

"J. Del Col" wrote

J. Del Col ( who is replacing deer-mauled roses with Bambi-proof
plants)

Surprisingly few are actually Bambi-proof. Oleander, I suppose,
and other toxic ones, but deer seem willing to eat almost anything,
especially any irrigated plant during a dry spell. I've had citrus
trees almost stripped by deer, and deer are supposed to hate those.
Roses are merely more prone to attack at almost any time, as deer
genuinely seem to enjoy eating any part except mature wood.

The slanting electrified fence described in this link is supposed to
work, and at relatively low cost. I plan to give it a try eventually:
http://www.ext.vt.edu/news/periodica...997-10-02.html

Mark., some roses hacked back seem to be recovering now