Old 13-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Shiva

Default wow, thanks for all the info!

On 13 Sep 2003 07:37:34 -0700, (Pam) wrote:

Howdy,

Well I guess that mini roses are a popular subject!

They are, indeed. In fact, had you googled this group using keywords
"miniature roses" you would have found lots of posts. Now do tell why
you would expect to post a question and get lots of responses inside
of 24 hours from a gardening group in the summer? Patience, dahling.

Dave gave you great advice, but the thread made me realize what you
are doing. You are leaving the little trays under the roses, aren't
you? That is what is killing your roses. I have a friend who must have
potted roses because she must have GRASS in the big full sun area
(pffft to that) and must leave the trays under the pots because of
that unsightly stain the draining water leaves on the concrete. She
now has half-dead roses. Joy is messy and not for the anal retentive.

Dave, shame on you! Letting them dry out completely is not the same
thing as making sure they drain continuously. NO TRAYS under potted
roses. Full sun, lots of water, no trays, and they will be fine. And I
would not keep them in the house at all, I don't care what Harry and
David's says.

I am growing
them outside on a screened in patio area and as you can tell I am in
the Tampa Bay area. Know enough about protecting (bringing in) if we
get a frost which is not very often. I am more concerned about the
hot weather killing it off than the cold. If anyone has info on that
please keep me updated, always trying to pick up as much info as I can
about growing the little beauties.

Thanks in advance.

Pam