Old 14-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Chet Hayes

Default Stump removal

"Pat Keith" wrote in message ...
Burning works best at the end of summer when the ground and stump is as dry
as its going to get. I would wait a year or so. I have drilled a hole thru
the stump and used a quarter stick of dynamite to make a hole under the
stump for the charcoal. I have also used a vacuum cleaner to supply air.

Aye carumba! For me stumps fall into two categories. One is they
are out of the way, in which case I let them rot. If they are not,
then I just pay a tree service to grind them down, which is quick and
doesn't cost very much. How much is your time worth to be tending
fires for multiple days, digging and drilling holes, dynamite, etc?