Old 14-09-2003, 04:42 PM
redclay

Default How to dry Parsley

Yamxs850 wrote in message
How do I dry my crop of Parsley for Winter use. do I use leaves and stocks

or
just the leaves.
thanks

Cut the stalk close to the base of the plant. Brush off dirt or if real
dirty rinse off. Shake off excess water and spread stalks out on newspaper.
Do not dry any herbs in direct sunlight because it turns them black. I use
the living room. Turn the stalks every other day and if you think you need
more air circulation use a fan on the low speed. When the leaves can be
crumbled just crunch them off the stalks. The dried stalks can be used to
flavor stocks.