Old 14-09-2003, 11:34 AM
Yamxs850

Default How to dry Parsley

How do I dry my crop of Parsley for Winter use. do I use leaves and stocks or
just the leaves.

thanks
remove niljunk to send e-mail.
Old 14-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Robert

:
: thanks
: remove niljunk to send e-mail.

Freeze the fresh leaves, no need for blanching

Robert The Devil's Advocate www.pafc.co.uk

Old 14-09-2003, 04:42 PM
redclay

Yamxs850 wrote in message
How do I dry my crop of Parsley for Winter use. do I use leaves and stocks

or
just the leaves.
thanks

Cut the stalk close to the base of the plant. Brush off dirt or if real
dirty rinse off. Shake off excess water and spread stalks out on newspaper.
Do not dry any herbs in direct sunlight because it turns them black. I use
the living room. Turn the stalks every other day and if you think you need
more air circulation use a fan on the low speed. When the leaves can be
crumbled just crunch them off the stalks. The dried stalks can be used to
flavor stocks.

Old 14-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Yamxs850

ok guys thanks for help.
remove niljunk to send e-mail.

dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM
Parsley. Any special sowing requirements? WasTa United Kingdom 11 05-11-2003 07:42 AM
cow parsley papa United Kingdom 3 10-06-2003 10:20 AM
tomato, chives, basil, parsley varieties Joel Edible Gardening 3 04-03-2003 10:27 PM
tomato, chives, basil, parsley varieties Joel Edible Gardening 0 24-02-2003 10:03 PM