Old 15-09-2003, 01:12 AM
RichToyBox

Default Jumper

Dee,

Koi will jump when they don't like their water, when new to a pond, or when
they feel cornered.

Keep an eye on him. Having the slime coat dried/scraped off often allows
bad bacteria to enter the skin and cause ulcers. I would use a double dose
of KoiZyme to try to prevent the start of infection, but if infection
starts, post quickly and we will pick it up there.
--
RichToyBox

"_Lil_Lamb" wrote in message
Is it
normal for koi to just jump like that? He had to have jumped at LEAST 6

feet, as there is
a ledge, and a shelf, plus the rocks around the edge.

If they jump like that, is there something I should do in the future to

discourage it?

I am not
sure if he is going to make it or not. If he does, I think I will rename

him Houdini.

Dee

--
Drop "BYE" to email me.