Old 15-09-2003, 10:12 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default My Veggie Garden

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
Kane wrote:

If you want free info on veggie gardening then check out my site at

Yep! Got'n'y free info on how to keep Blue Tongue lizards from eating

the cherry
tomatoes?
*Without* using poisonous snail baits, that is...

Plant extra 'maters, I rather like bluetongues.

Or, how to stop the cockies from alighting on top of the beans and

snapping them
off?

Sulphur crested cockies are the most destructive buggers, smart, strong
and beaks like bolt cutters. They are likely to see through any
scarecrow mechanism quickly. I don't have them (yet) but if I did I
would be looking at caging the veges.

Or especially, how to keep the blasted Red Bellied Black Snake out of

the
compost heap!

It may leave of its own accord once the weather is warmer as I guess it
goes there for warmth.
Wear boots, tread heavily, carry a spade and leave it alone if possible,
if it stays around you wont have brown snakes. If there are no browns
to worry about you could get a herpetologist to relocate it.

David