Old 15-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Soy Beans

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 02:46:30 GMT, B.Server
wrote:

...and as with corn (maize) thre are quite a number of varieties
intended for different purposes. If you have the soybean equivalent
of feed corn, it may not turn into a very satisfying milk or tofu.

In this connection, although I don't have personal
experience with them, I have read that 'Laura' soybeans are
excellent for soymilk or tofu. They are commercially
available, and (I think) may be found by Googling on 'Laura
+ soybean'.

Back in the days when I was making tofu, I just bought
ordinary soybeans at a natural foods store. The tofu was
very good.

Pat