Old 15-09-2003, 03:43 PM
five of four

Default trouble with catnip

If so, it would appear that they have contracted a social disease.

"Frank Martin" wrote in message ...
Some plants grow better clumped together. Perhaps theese are social plants.

"five of four" wrote in message
I like to grow catnip for my cats. I bought 3 seedlings at a local nursery

and transplanted them into a clean 3 gallon plastic
container, containing Premier pro-mix potting and seeding soil, and put it

outside in the sun..
After about 2 months it was completely overgrown and began to develop a

problem. The bottom leaves began to turn a blotchy white
color. I thought it might be a fungus because it was so overgrown and no

air could get to the bottom leaves. I thinned out the lower
half of the plants, but the problem continued, and has all but destroyed

all of the leaves.
In the meantime I planted some seeds that I had harvested from the plant

and put them in a smaller pot. When they began growing I
made sure that they stayed thinned out and had no leaves touching the

soil. The same thing is happening to these plants, too.
Any idea what the problem might be?