Old 15-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Pat Meadows

Default How to prep a garden for winter..

On 15 Sep 2003 09:01:47 -0700,
(Steve Sagerian) wrote:

I have about a 20 x 10 garden that I started last year. It overgrown
with a pumkin vine and some other weeds have gotten into as well. As
soon as I harvest the pumpkins I want to prep the bed for next year.
What do other people do to prep their gardens for the next season?
I think I should ..pull as many weeds as I can..

Yes.

maybe rototill and add some nutrients..fertilize?

Yes. Although I would probably not fertilize till next
spring.

can I mix in my grass clippings until the end of the grass cutting
season ?

Yes.

Any other ideas?

You can also chop up fallen leaves (by mowing over them with
your lawn mower) and mix them in. They're very good for
this purpose.

Pat