Old 15-09-2003, 09:02 PM
dd

Default What is a mini catt.

They're hybrids made to stay small. I like them because the flowers are
lovely and the plant doesn't hog a lot of room. Also, I've read that
the mini-catts have less-demanding light reqirements. I couldn't verify
that. I've got both big catts and mini-catts and they all look healthy.
Getting even the mini-catts to rebloom is problematic though, so this
winter I'm growing mine under HID lights in the sunroom; next summer
they're all going outside.

In article , Boystrup
Pb, ann,... wrote:

I've read a few messages that mention mini cattleya's. But what are they?
Just small cattleya's or special hybrids made to stay small?
Cheers
Peter