Old 16-09-2003, 08:02 AM
gregpresley

Default Identify this flower?

I agee with the poster who thought this might be lantana. The leaf smell is
a good clue.....and the fast growth and woody "trunk".
"Sed5555" wrote in message
I planted some flowers earlier in the summer and now I can't find the

cultivar
card that came with them, so I'm wondering if someone can help me identify

what
they are. The garden center said they are annuals here in the DC metro

area,
zone 7. The plants have multiple blooms that are about 3 inches in

diameter;
the flowers are round in shape and have rings of petals in yellow, pink

and
white. The leaves are dark green, shaped like arrowheads with jagged

edges,
and smell awful! When I first planted these, they were about 8 inches

high,
but they've grown to be about 2.5 feet tall and have thick main stems that

look
to be about an inch in circumference near the soil. Any idea as to what

plant
this might be?

Dahlias?
sed5555