Old 14-09-2003, 05:02 AM
Natty_Dread

Default Identify this flower?

I planted some flowers earlier in the summer and now I can't find the
cultivar card that came with them, so I'm wondering if someone can help me
identify what they are. The garden center said they are annuals here in the
DC metro area, zone 7. The plants have multiple blooms that are about 3
inches in diameter; the flowers are round in shape and have rings of petals
in yellow, pink and white. The leaves are dark green, shaped like
arrowheads with jagged edges, and smell awful! When I first planted these,
they were about 8 inches high, but they've grown to be about 2.5 feet tall
and have thick main stems that look to be about an inch in circumference
near the soil. Any idea as to what plant this might be?

Thanks!

Rhonda in Alexandria, VA

Better a bleeding heart than no heart at all.

Old 16-09-2003, 08:02 AM
gregpresley

I agee with the poster who thought this might be lantana. The leaf smell is
a good clue.....and the fast growth and woody "trunk".