Old 16-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Rasta Poodle

Default Need tomato plants *now*

In article , FarmerDill says...

I'm in Miami. That should explain my request. :-) We're just getting ready to
plant our veggie gardens here. Do you know of any place that is still
shipping
tomato plants?

I would expect that only plant companies that supply South Florida, South east
Texas, and Southern Cal, would have tomato plants available now. Contact the
Florida Department of Agriculture for leads. Piedmont plant company is in
Albany GA but I don't know that they supply the winter market. They are
mailorder but dont't have a web site. Bonnie Plant Farms is a wholesaler that
services the southeast and mid atlantic. They have growing locations in
Lakeside and Waverly Florida. so plants may be available from local dealers,

Local dealers rarely carry anything but 'the usual'. Every mailorder place I
contacted doesn't sell to the winter market. The DPI is useless, believe me.
Back to the search. Thanks for your suggestions.

http://member.newsguy.com/~herblady
Bob Marley and the Wailers album "Exodus"
named "Album of the Century" by Time magazine