Old 16-09-2003, 04:32 PM

Default Sweet potatoes

In article k.net, Beth Peace wrote:
On a whim, I planted a sweet potato that had sprouted and it took off
running (some vines are about 8-10' long). I see several tubers near the
original hole, but I don't know when I should really dig around and see if
there's anything worth eating - after frost? Will they all be right around
the main stem? At least it's a pretty vine that filled in some blank areas
in a new perennial bed.

Beth

I suggest digging them now. If grown too long they get stringy and
fibrous not to mention more time for varmit damage. They need to be
brushed clean of dirt and allow to cure (dry out some) before being
stored in a cool dry place.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.