Old 16-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Traitorous Dends & Weird Happenings

All,

Last October, Den. Palola Sunshine x Ahulani Hinojosa left a show with a
trophy, chosen as best plant in the Dend alliance. It had been blooming for
two years, and eventually took a much needed rest. Now it is shriveling
every spike it throws up, and there have been probably a dozen. Few flowers
made it, and the newest spikes don't look good either.

It's not the only one. A couple of other Dends are also failing, though in
all cases the plants appear very healthy. I have loads of Dends, and the
ones affected are nowhere near each other.

Add to that Catts that are blooming out of season, and without their usual
fragrance.

Could all this harken back to the chilly winter we had last year? We had a
very rainy summer, and I grow outside, so that could be a factor, but all
the plants in question are potted in rock, so they recover from the rain
pretty quickly.

Either something's off kilter, or the orchid gods are playing with my head.

Any idea on the Dends?

Diana