Old 16-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Toni

Default Light Question

"Ben" wrote in message
Has one used/seen/have an opinion on the:

Jebo 48" (55wx4) Power Compact Lighting

I have just set up a 55 gallon and all it has is the basic lights. I'd
like to get into plants and think i need more light anyway.

I have a double like that on a 90 gallon but I rarely use the second set of
bulbs. I did try the actinic blues as a nightlight for a bit but found algae
problems with that amount of light. Now the second set sees use as
occasional "bright noonday " sun.

I do *not* use CO2 but do use a fair amount of Flourish products. With this
regimen I have great plant growth and no algae.

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/aquarium.htm