Old 17-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Barbara2245

Default 1st Pond cleaning today....Plant request

"J.D. Stone" wrote in message ...
"jammer" wrote in message
in part...When it gets cold i
will sink the 2 WH i am keeping.

Is this Water Hyacinth? Can you sink them and keep them alive over the
winter? I didn't know this.
JD

Today was the day, I sump pump most of the water out. tepped on the
shelf, slowly lowered myself to the bottom and whosh down I went. I
got an abrashion on my leg and possiblly broke two toes. I may use
sandles for my eye appointment. Unfortunately I tossed out a few
babies with the "bath" water.
Any way it is done and tomorrow the netting goes on. There were fry
from at least three spawns so I may have killed some of the really
tiny ones be side the eight I counted. Happy water gardening.