Old 17-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Pat Meadows

Default planning for next year!!

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:43:31 GMT, Heather Husvar
wrote:

Well, a ton of pea gravel here is 10 dollars. It's kind of a luxury
item that I have stashed away some change for. I hid it so we don't
spend it on anything else. It may not be a luxurious thick path of
gravel but it'll help with the sog.

Thanks, I'm going to investigate that. I'll call the local
ummm... I don't know what you call them...they sell sand,
coal, cement blocks, gravel etc. Anyway, I'll call them.
I'd love to have the paths graveled for next year.

No, we can't afford it, but in our area there are a LOT of tire stores
who will be HAPPY to give us tires for free.

That's how we got ours. Better yet, we found one tire store
here that will give us tires WITH THE SIDEWALLS ALREADY CUT
OUT. They sell the sidewalls to 'farmers' who do ...
something ??? .... with them.

I wrote a report on my tire gardening experience this year,
and it's on the web he

http://www.meadows.pair.com/tiregarden.html

You might be interested in reading it, it's very specific to
tire-gardening, as such.

It will be on the web for another week only, then I'll take
it down, polish it up, rewrite, edit and try to sell it
somewhere.

Good luck with your plans!

Pat