Old 17-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Bougie

Hmmm, this is interesting. Here in California, where
we use bougies for landscape, the roots are considered
delicate. The cut the can at the nursery and tell you
to be gentle.

Kitsune Miko

Assuming I read right and you are in
Australia then you should be OK.
Bougie is very tough here in Central to South
Florida and large specimens are
frequently dug for bonsai. I would get as many
roots as possible and put it
in the largest container you can handle with soil
that has good moisture
retention. I would remove enough roots to fit the
container plus any damaged ones.
I would also cut back severely. I collected one
last spring here in Florida.
It put out new growth quickly but the new growth
tended to wilt if not
watered daily or some times twice daily in our
summer heat. I have kept the new
growth trimmed to reduce water loss. Friends have
rooted logs two inches thick.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++