Old 18-09-2003, 09:16 AM
Drakanthus

Default Ph Meter

I want to measure the Ph of my garden soil. B&Q have the little soil
testing kits, but they also have a Ph/Moisture Meter; an electronic

gadget
with metal prongs that you stick in the soil and it takes readings. Does
anyone know if these are any good and do they give accurate Ph readings?

Thanks

I've got one of those B&Q pH meters. It seemed like a good idea at the time
when I bought it. However, it spends most time gathering dust. An amusing
gardeners toy for five minutes.
I did find out one interesting thing using it though. Areas of the vegetable
patch where I'd kept a composter were completely off the scale - very acid!
I guess this means I need to move the composter round more often or add lime
to the soil underneath afterwards.
--
Drakanthus.

(Spam filter: Include the word VB anywhere in the subject line or emails
will never reach me.)