Old 18-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Isabel-proofing tomatoes

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 02:48:10 GMT, Tim Foecke
wrote:

Isabel is bearing down on my raised beds. I've reinforced as best I
can, but I think they're toast.

Here's hoping for the best.

I think a lot of us are going to lose our tomatoes and
whatever else is in our gardens at this point.

I hope it passes you by without damage, and everyone else
too.

The eye of the storm (whatever is left of it by that time)
is forecast to pass right over us (north central PA).
Widespread flooding is expected - we should be OK, we're
partway up a hill, although there's a creek at the bottom of
the hill. We'll almost certainly lose electricity, it's
never really stable here at the best of times, and seems to
go down in each and every thunderstorm.

Pat