Old 18-09-2003, 02:02 PM
BGGS

Default white flowers

"Iris Cohen" wrote in message
About some flowers, my books said "red (or purple, or blue), sometimes
white". BRBR
Are they albinos ? BRBR

Not sure what you mean. I don't know of any plants which produce colored
flowers at the beginning of their flowering season and white flowers later

on.
Iris,

I planted blue Delphiniums and they grew tall (about a metre) and strong.
At the end of the Summer (1998) I cut them back to ground level and left
them in. The next Spring (and every year since) they have come up white;
equally vigorous in growth and with a storm of blossom on them.

They seem a very reliable plant, with tough celery-like stalks and I've seen
nothing eating them _yet_ so they don't suffer from too many pests.
I wonder if I could influence them in some way to change colour again ?