Old 18-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Iris Cohen

Default white flowers

I planted blue Delphiniums and they grew tall (about a metre) and strong.
At the end of the Summer (1998) I cut them back to ground level and left
them in. The next Spring (and every year since) they have come up white;
equally vigorous in growth and with a storm of blossom on them.
I wonder if I could influence them in some way to change colour again ?

I would guess that you had two seedlings stuck together. When you cut them back
to ground level (which you shouldn't have done; you should have left the basal
leaves), the blue one probably died & a white one survived. If you want blue
you will have to plant another one.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."